Different models can be applied in providing culturally responsive care to Filipino Americans.
Panos and Panos (2000) developed a culturally sensitive assessment process that focuses on several domains:
- • Physician awareness of his or her own cultural identity
- • Identification of patient’s cultural orientation, belief system, level of acculturation and language preference
- • Assessing patient’s stress and adaptive coping and functioning
- • Determining patient’s family relationships and support system
- • Assessing patient’s views on and concepts of health and illness