After completing this module, learners should be able to:
1. Describe common traditional health beliefs of the Vietnamese population.
2. List at least three illnesses facing older adults from the Vietnamese population.
3. Evaluate the major strategies for communicating with an older Vietnamese patient who speaks a language not spoken by the provider.
4. Develop a strategy for providing culturally appropriate health screening and education for Vietnamese older adults for the conditions for which they are at high risk.
5. Describe the important issues health care providers should consider in working with older adults and their families in end-of-life care.