1. The large majority of Vietnamese older adults were refugees fleeing Vietnam after the Fall of Saigon in 1975. How would the refugee experience influence their adaptation and aging in the U.S.?
2. What are the major health threats for the general Vietnamese population? How do these major health threats affect the older adults Vietnamese population?
3. What are some cultural health beliefs and lifestyle practices of Vietnamese older adults? How would they influence access and utilization of health services?
4. What are some strategies to improve the cultural competence of our geriatric services for Vietnamese older adults?
5. What are some best practice guidelines for use of language translators?
6. What are some key issues to consider when using assessment tools to evaluate Vietnamese older adults?
7. What are some end-of-life issues for Vietnamese older adults and their families?
8. What are some important issues to consider in developing a screening program for cervical cancer for older Vietnamese women?