Upon completion of this module the learner will be able to:
1. Describe current population trends of Chinese-American populations.
2. Describe how acculturation to Western Society has impacted elder Chinese immigrants’ view of Western medicine.
3. Identify specific diseases that are prevalent among Chinese elderly.
4. Identify the major influences in traditional Chinese culture and how they may impact Chinese elders’ view of life and Western medicine.
5. Describe barriers and strategies that may enhance end-of-life care for Chinese American populations.