(Tripp-Reimer, Brink, and Saunders, 1984)
- Adaptation of questions to age and cultural congruence with western medical concepts, for example:
- How are you and your family treating this condition?
- What kinds of medicines, healings, have you tried?
- Have they helped?
- How has this condition been treated in the past?
- What type of treatment do you think you should receive from me?
- Culturally specific content for specific interventions—(e.g., dietary/nutritional/food preferences, cultural basis for chronic pain management)
- Does anyone else need to be consulted?
- Is there any other information that might help us design a treatment plan?