Dementia in an Oklahoma Choctaw Woman: Discussion Questions
1. What are the main issues in this case?
2. Why do you think you have selected the issues you selected, and considered others less important?
3. How do you evaluate physical and cognitive function and dysfunction in the elderly, with an emphasis on Indian populations?
4. How are you going to involve patient, family, and community in care of this patient?
5. How do you determine caretaker stress?
6. What resources are available to provide long term care for Indian elders?
7. What cultural and health belief practices are most important in your consideration of this case?
8. What additional information, studies, or investigations would you want to get or do?
9. How would you involve Mrs. Maytubbee in decision-making?
10. How do you assess the daughter’s behavior?